Steampunk games are a vast civilization that has mastered technology to perfection, reminds us of a post-apocalyptic style, in fact it is an alternative future.
The term "Steampunk" was coined in 1987 by American science fiction writer Kevin Jeter as a humorous term for a series of fantasy novels describing the Victorian era of the heyday of industrial industry and steam engines.
Often for steampunk games, the gothic style is used, and the manifestation of the fantasy component, which arouses the genuine interest of the user. As a rule, in such a world, the main idea and the story of the plot revolves around one main character, not deprived of any magical power or super abilities, enveloping and luring deeper and deeper into his world.
An amazing fact about steampunk is that it was originally just a literary genre. But, over time, the atmosphere of this style won the hearts of millions of people around the planet and steampunk became a kind of subculture, including: thematic literature, movies, anime, manga, music, computer games, fashion, art, and so on.
- Rise Of Nations: Rise Of Legends
- Final Fantasy VI
The development of steampunk games takes place in several stages:
- Creating a story that takes place in a game, or recreating a story from a steampunk book. Elaboration of each character, his personal history, abilities. Development and thinking through the world, era, style.
- Creating a demo version of the game, which is quite an important step, didn't the author go too far with the idea? It's time to see everything clearly, and fix the imperfections.
- The first alpha version of the game, at this stage we see an almost finished game in which it is necessary to test for bugs and check the game balance.
- Release the game, after testing and fixing the bugs found, you can release the game by watching the feedback from the players. Further maintaining the project and servicing it.