List of the most frequently asked questions from our clients and answers to them:
How much will the project cost me?
Simple mobile applications cost from $8,300. For example, a card game, or a business card application. If you add a client-server architecture, then the amount can grow to $16,500. Large and large projects, such as browser-based strategies or MMOs, or mobile network strategies can pull up to $165,600.
How can I be sure that you can handle my project?
For a long time in the IT market, we have gained experience in developing almost all genres and areas of games. Most of the work is covered by NDA, if you did not find a project similar to yours in our portfolio, write to us by mail and we will tell you about our experience in the topic you are interested in.
How much to leave for promotion?
Specialists from Crocoapps advise to allocate the same amount for promotion as for development. If you have an amount of $80,000, the development should reach $40,000 and leave the same amount for promotion.
How to save money on mobile app development?
Saving on the team is a bad idea. But there are still some ways. For example, you can negotiate a discount in exchange for placing the studio's splash screen when you download your application. Thus, the studio will receive additional advertising, and you will receive a discount on the project. Also, the customer can take over such processes as testing and management, in total this will give up to 20% savings in the cost of the project. It's not the best solution - but sometimes it's necessary.
There are many studios, why Crocoapps?
We have built the work in a fundamentally new way for this market. Special cost optimization, tactical work on personnel management allow us to say with confidence - Crocoapps guarantees you the best price with the highest quality. Our local expertise, truly global mindset, transparent pricing and standardized processes are the building blocks of seamless delivery of results for your business.
What is your team?
Our studio employs more than 100 employees, these are programmers, designers, modellers, testers, game designers, project managers, layout designers and a marketing department
Do you only develop games?
The main specialization is the development of games, both browser and game applications. This means that up to 70% of specialists in the state work in the game development profile. But in our studio, such areas as mobile application development, website development, marketing are developed no worse than competitors.
What problems can be if I choose cheaper developers?
There is a high probability that the project will not be completed in principle. This may be due to the low qualification of specialists, a small budget for development. Experienced developers know their value in the market, they have competitive salaries and working conditions. Also, you should pay attention to the price - if it is lower than what most studios offer you, there is a possibility of a complete loss of finances, the estimate is not drawn up correctly, most of the work is not included in the price, or less optimized solutions are chosen, which naturally then becomes a problem for the customer.
What problems can you solve for my business?
Our two main areas, IT and Marketing, are at your service. We create and develop creative websites, mobile applications, browser games, non-standard simulators, tutorials, children's projects, software and software, VR and AR solutions for any platform, including smart TV and watches. Our marketing department is professionally engaged in SMM and SEO promotion, contextual advertising, reputation marketing, branding and PR, situational marketing, useful mailings, analytics setup and business digitization. We do not just form tasks for you - we solve them.
Do you help with legal matters?
Yes, we have an in-house lawyer with experience in licensing, intellectual property and arbitration.
Can I see your portfolio?
How can you confirm that it was you who did the projects from the portfolio?
Most projects have our studio logo on the splash screen. But if you still want to check our involvement in the creation of applications / games / sites from the portfolio, you can request copies of documents. To do this, send a request letter for the projects you are interested in to [email protected] with the subject "Portfolio confirmation required".
May I speak to some of your clients?
Yes. If you would like to speak with our former customers, please send an inquiry letter describing your project to [email protected] with the subject "Recommendations Needed". We will select products from our database that are as similar as possible to yours and provide contacts of our customers.
Is the client involved in the development, or are you working in "high secrecy mode"?
Yes, during the development process we take into account all the wishes of the customer, answer questions, and provide reporting. We encourage clients to attend online weekly meetings.
Do you offer any solutions to make the product faster/better/cheaper? Do you recommend features that should be added or options that should be removed?
Absolutely. We carry out an initial assessment of the feasibility of certain functions at the briefing stage. If in the course of implementation specialists have ideas for optimizing the product, we bring them up for discussion, first within the team, then with the involvement of the customer. We support any proposal with arguments in its favor, as well as risk assessment.
Do you have specific awards?
That's right, for example:
- 1st place in the category "Development of mobile applications on the Android platform";
- 1st place in the category "Game Development" for 2020;
- 1st place in Laravel Developers category;
- 1st place in the category "Game Development" for 2019;
Hallboard - https://crocoapps.com/reviews/
What services are included in the price?
We define the list of necessary works for each project separately. From the assessment we make a general estimate. The appendix to the contract is an invoice, which contains a list of all services provided, labor costs and the cost for each of them.
At the request of the customer, we send references (examples) of the implementation of certain areas of work (for example, interface elements). So the client knows exactly what he pays for and why so many man-hours will be required to complete this stage.
To guarantee you the same rates, we provide a detailed price list with the seal and signature of the director of the studio.
List of services that may be included in quote:
Stage 1. Project documentation:
- Developing a concept document.
- Compilation of the Road Map of the project.
- Database architecture, technology stack definition.
- Initial setup of the server, hosting, registrar, database.
- Project prototypes in B&W on layouts.
- Development of a mental map, as well as a key map describing the life path of the project.
- Formation of tasks in Trello (task tracker).
- Connecting a project to CRM.
- Compilation of terms of reference for programmers and development plan.
- User agreement.
Stage 2. Design:
- Render all static elements.
- Render all dynamic elements.
- Icons, modals, Favicon, companion art.
- Check layout, adaptability.
- Cross-platform check.
- Prototyping a map.
- Organization of a convenient file storage and customer access to it.
- Logo, fonts, corporate identity, work with the brand book (if any).
Phase 3. FrontEnd:
- Interface layout.
- Stretching functionality.
- Speed optimization.
- User interaction with the project.
- Responsive fit for all templates and layouts.
- Building a logical navigation scheme and internal linking.
- Create external links (if necessary).
- Include an audio package (if necessary).
- Logic and mechanics at the Front level of development.
- Securing the client and data transfer.
- Get the server API.
- Localization (if necessary).
Step 4. BackEnd:
- Create and prepare the database architecture.
- Develop authoritarian server (if necessary).
- Developing a path map, protecting the server and database.
- Data synchronization.
- Client connection.
- FireBase connection as needed.
- Push notifications.
- Personal account.
- Registration and authorization (if necessary).
- Data storage.
- Checking data via API from the client.
- Logic and mechanics at the server level.
Stage 5. Admin panel:
- Administrative panel development.
- Receiving and passing data via API.
- Database connection.
- Roles, permissions.
- WEB interface.
- Testing the administration panel.
Phase 6. Deep testing:
- Case testing.
- Scrum testing
- Collection of data results from the programmer, check layouts.
- Stress testing.
- Scan for vulnerabilities.
- Native testing.
- Testing on the emulator (more than 50 phone models).
Stage 7. Release:
- Alpha and beta testing of the project.
- Preparing and building the project for release.
- ASO of developer accounts, registration, filling.
- Upload the project to Google Play and the App Store (if necessary).
What services are included in the post-launch?
The list of post-services is compiled on an individual basis. It may include:
- Release in app stores.
- Free bug fixing for 12 months.
- Conclusion for monetization.
- Website development.
- Release updates.
Do you release the product to app stores?
Yes, we are releasing on Google Play and the App Store. In addition, we provide services within the framework of ASO optimization.
What technologies do you use?
We specialize in:
- developing games for Steam (Windows);
- development of games and mobile applications for Android and iOS;
- developing VR / AR / MR products;
- creating browser-based interactive projects (games and websites);
- development of sites on CMS;
- custom development of websites and online stores on Laravel or Yii, Bitrix;
- promotion (contextual advertising, SEO, SMM, PR, SERM, promotion of YouTube channels);
- mobile app marketing (monetization, CPI).
Briefly about the technologies we use:
1. Development of mobile games and applications:
А) Development of cross-platform games and applications
- Frontend - Unity 3D / Unreal Engine, C#, Java, ObC
- Backend - C# , Firebase, PHP. ASP.NET
- Database - MySQL
B) Development of native games and applications
- Frontend - React Native / Swift / Kotlin / Java
- Backend - Java Script, Firebase, PHP, C#
- Database - MySQL
2. Browser game development:
- Vue.js, react, pixijs
- Server side - PHP (laravel)
3. Development of VR / AR / MR products:
A) AR development
- Steam VR
4. Website Development:
A) Website development on CMS: WordPress, Joomla, 1C-Bitrix, Magento, OpenCart, osCommerce, Drupal, MODX, NetCat, PrestaShop.
B) Custom website development using Laravel/Yii
- launch contextual advertising in: Google Ads, Yandex.Direct;
- targeted ad launch via: Facebook Ads, myTarget;
- launch of advertising campaigns in social networks: Facebook, Instagram, VKontakte, Odnoklassniki, My world;
- Setting up YouTube video ads;
- Working with affiliate networks: AD1, AdmitAd, Rocket10, LuckyShop, Unilead, Zorka, etc.
- working with mobile ad networks: Unity Ads, Chartboost, MobiAds, Vungle, AdColony, etc.;
- promotion of groups/communities/publics/accounts in social networks.
Do you develop applications for multiple platforms?
Yes. We can adapt your project to:
- VR / AR / MR;
- launch in browsers.
Do you show prototypes to focus groups?
To eliminate subjectivity, before developing the interface and compiling the functionality, we conduct surveys in order to identify user expectations. We also test the perception of prototypes on focus groups formed from representatives of the target audience.
Can application features be changed during development?
An estimate of the scope of work and their cost is attached as an annex to the contract. The document describes the development stages, technologies used, labor costs (in hours). Each value is determined based on the intended functionality.
If during the project implementation it turns out that some of the options are not required or need to be processed (not through our fault), then, subject to an increase in labor costs, we draw up an addendum to the contract with a recalculation of the project cost.
How often will I see intermediate results, reports?
We provide detailed text reports on the work done every month. We send a demo once a month and a half (depending on the complexity of the project). The monthly report contains only tasks checked by the tester, and also contains a link to the latest version of the project.
The customer may attend weekly sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives. For convenience, we organize a Skype call. The meeting takes no more than 2 hours.
Can you show examples of admin panels?
In total, we have implemented more than 10 large administrative panels. We may not give access to everyone, but we can show everything in a Skype screen share during a call.
If you would like to personally log into the admin panel, send a request letter describing your project to [email protected] with the subject "Need access to admin panel". We will select products from our database that are as similar as possible to yours and provide you with a username and password.
For now, let's take a look at the screenshots:
How is the testing process going?
All QA-specialists are staffed. We do not give freelance testing. For complex projects or applications with an administrative panel, we allocate 2-3 testers, for simple ones - one.
At Crocoapps, we combine manual testing with automated tests. The approach is determined depending on the specific tasks. This allows you to speed up the development process and optimize testing costs.
Work organized in Trello. Developers complete the tasks assigned to them and transfer them to the QA specialist column. The tester checks each task. If no errors are found, it transfers the task to a report for the customer. Otherwise, it is returned for revision. In addition, the tester maintains bug reports and monitors them.
At Crocoapps, QA is more than just a tester. In addition to case testing, we practice Scrum testing throughout the entire project cycle and for a long time after the release.
Do you take on the revision of someone else's project?
Yes, we accept projects at any stage of completion. We bring it to release, bring it to monetization, provide comprehensive promotion services.
What PM methodologies are implemented in your company?
We have clear approaches to setting goals and checking intermediate results, as well as a system for timely response to unforeseen situations.
At Crocoapps, we work according to Agile methodology, which provides flexibility and adaptability.
It includes Scrum (prioritization and sprinting), Kanban (process visualization) and XP (unification and standardization of coding). A little more about each methodology.
How Scrum works in Crocoapps:
- create task backlog;
- set priorities, determine the optimal sequence of actions;
- we take part of the tasks for the sprint (14 days);
- we discuss how to implement the sprint tasks;
- let's get started;
- every day we hold “fly meetings” (5-15 minutes) to detect problems in a timely manner and evaluate progress;
- presenting the results;
- conducting a sprint review and a sprint retrospective;
- starting the next sprint or handing over a project.
How Kanban works in Crocoapps:
- we visualize the workflow in Trello;
- we distribute tasks into columns: "Backlog" (general list of tasks), "To Do" (general list of tasks for the sprint, tasks for different specialists are taken from it), "Design" (tasks for the designer), "Front End" ( tasks for front-end developers), "Back End" (tasks for back-end developers), "Admin" (tasks for developers of the administrative panel), "QA" (tasks for the tester), "Bugs" (bugs that surfaced during the development process ), "Report" (completed tasks that will go into a report for the customer);
- to complete each task, we set the deadlines;
- PM sees the whole picture and can manage the flow of tasks.
We give the customer access to the Trello board.
How XP works in Crocoapps:
- developers divide the process into small releases;
- tester checks after each release;
- all team members write code according to the same standards;
- Employees work no more than 40 hours per week to maintain high efficiency and focus.
How many employees are in the company? How can you prove it?
Crocoapps has over 100 employees. All of them are full-time employees. In confirmation, we can provide contracts (this information is open).
You can see the entire team on the site, as well as talk to each employee personally in our corporate Discord during business hours.
How many people will work on the project?
A separate team is assembled for each project. The number of specialists depends on the complexity and volume of tasks.
A server is created in Discord, the customer is invited so that he can observe the entire workflow from the inside: correspondence, problems, achievements, developments, progress.
What is the experience of the experts? What projects did they work on?
80% of Crocoapps specialists have at least 2 years of experience in the professional field. To reduce the development budget, we divide tasks by difficulty level. Monotonous tasks are performed by Junior specialists, Middle and Senior are involved in solving complex issues and strategic planning.
Our lead developers have been involved in major projects, and designers have collaborated with big-name brands.
If you would like to know what projects your dedicated team members have worked on, please send an inquiry letter to [email protected] with the subject "Need team information.
Can I speak to the lead developer/designer?
Yes, in our corporate Discord during working hours (from 9 am to 6 pm New York time).
Do technical specialists participate in the presentation of intermediate results and the finished project?
Intermediate results can be presented either by leading specialists responsible for the implementation of the stage, or by Project Manager. The finished project is usually presented by PM, and technical specialists are present at the report and answer questions.
Do you have a complete team within the company?
All specialists work for Crocoapps on a full-time basis. We do not transfer the development stages to freelance. For each project, we form a team only from the employees of our web studio.
How does the manager control work?
All of our PMs have development experience. They know (at least at an intermediate level) the technologies used to develop them. They work full-time in the state. maximum load per 1 manager - 2-3 projects.
We create mind map for each project. It globally describes all the tasks and their relationship. So, the project manager understands:
- what tasks we have completed;
- what tasks are not started;
- where to move to close the stage of work.
The mind map is synchronized with Trello and forms a complete snapshot of tasks. Each sprint (2 weeks) we tally the percent completion of the project with division into categories, making a calculation for all tasks and subtasks. This allows you to adequately assess the development time at different stages and take the necessary measures if the tasks are not completed on time.The
PM is looking at the tasks on the board. Every week, the manager calls the team and discusses project questions (usually we invite customers to such calls) . In addition, every day at the same time, a five-minute meeting is held for “debriefing”, discussion of the work done and the results achieved. If the implementation of the project slows down, then the manager redistributes the workload in the team in order to meet the deadlines.
We also have a project keymap. It helps to monitor progress after each sprint. In the event that for some reason the development stops, we will already have passed a certain life stage of the project, with all the functions that were included in this stage. Other studios rarely have an understanding of the key life cycles of the project, so in case of early completion of work, the customer receives a semi-dismantled raw product.
How does communication take place, how much and at what time will you be in touch?
The main communication is carried out in Discord on a server specially created for the project. The time of presentations (sprint review, sprint retrospective, weekly planning meetings) is agreed with the customer, provided that the customer wants to attend.
PM - in touch with the customer 24/7, technical specialists consult from 9.00 to 18.00.
Can I view contract templates?
Yes. You can familiarize yourself with the standard contract (link is in the footer of the site) for the provision of services and NDA. If something is not clear, send questions to the mail [email protected] marked "Contractual questions".
You have the right to correct the document for your project and add conditions that are important to you.
Who has the code and layouts after the end of cooperation?
The customer becomes the owner of all rights to use the product in any form and by any means from the first day of the contract.
The repository that we create for the customer's work mail includes:
- design sketches.
Thus, no special transfer of initial data is required at the end of the project. The customer is the owner of all data from the first day of cooperation.
Do you offer consulting?
Yes, we offer a consulting service. You can hire a third-party team, and we will assign Crocoapps specialists to supervise the development process and advise in difficult / controversial situations. In this case, the risk of fraud on the part of contractors is reduced.