Table of contents
Text optimization is a series of activities that help increase the relevance of the text.
When writing SEO texts, a specialist (copywriter or rewriter) should be guided by the following rules when writing text according to TK:
- Useful and relevant content for the user's request.
- No overspam for key phrases.
What is the difference between optimized text and regular text?
Optimized texts are similar to regular texts in the following ways:
- Uniqueness. The text should not consist of plagiarism of competitors' articles.
- The absence of grammatical, punctuation, stylistic errors and typos. If the text is written illiterately, it does not inspire trust among users, its expertise and usefulness are called into question.
Despite the similarity of the basic requirements, optimized text differs from regular text in the following ways:
- Placement. Plain text is used in the Internet space, it can be published in print media, on radio and television. Seo-optimized text is needed to promote sites through search engines for key user queries.
- The presence of key phrases and headings. In regular text, it is optional (and sometimes not necessary) to use key phrases, and to respect the hierarchy of headings. What can not be said about seo articles for which these requirements are a prerequisite.
- Orientation and analysis. Optimized text is designed for a specific target audience and user intent. Before writing, an analysis of the top in yandex and google is carried out to understand what kind of text and information formats are necessary for successful promotion.
Stages and concepts of text optimization
What do you need to do to write optimized text?
- Define the text type. It can be a review, a service article, an informational text, etc. Each type has its own nuances and presentation style.
- Analyze competitors. Study the articles that are in the TOP, see the text content, structure, determine the density of keywords, nausea and water content of competitive articles.
- Search for keywords and compose semantics. It is necessary to identify by which words and phrases users are looking for this or that information. Search bots, before evaluating the quality of the content, check the subheadings for the presence of keywords. Each heading should have a key query, H1 - the main key, the rest - word forms and additional key phrases.
- Create terms of reference. It should have an article plan, according to which the copywriter will write the text, basic requirements and a list of keywords with frequency of use. The usual variant of the structure involves the use of headers. They must end with a text part, since search engines may perceive a set of endless "H" as spam.
- H1 is the most important heading of the article for the user. Applied once. Equivalent to the title tag and should not duplicate it;
- H2 - subheading, section of text. Applies to one semantic topic in the article;
- H3 is a subheading subheading. It is used if a large number of detailed items need to be disclosed in the subheading;
- H4-6 - used only in long texts to structure and create convenient page navigation.
- Creating seo text according to TK.
- Editing and making edits, if any.
- Introduction of linking to articles within the site.
- Injection of meta tags (title, description, h1). Meta data is needed for search bots.
The following are terms that a SEO specialist and a copywriter should understand in order to write good material.
- Keywords or phrases - used to promote the site in search engines.
- Keyword frequency - the number of requests from users in 1 month. Allocate basic, phrase and exact frequency.
- Issuance - a page of results for queries in search engines.
- TOP-10 - the first page in the search engine with the ten most relevant sites.
- Direct occurrence - the use of keywords or phrases in the text without any changes (case, number, word order, etc.).
- Word forms - writing keywords and phrases with changes in number, case, word order, etc.
- Entering in a passage - using sentences with keywords and phrases.
- Website promotion - a set of activities aimed at bringing the site to the TOP for certain queries in search engines.
- Water content is an indicator of the number of words that do not carry a semantic load in the text. If there is too much “water” in the article, then it becomes meaningless. But if there is practically no water in the material, then this is also bad, because the text becomes “dry” and not catchy.
- Nausea is a metric that determines how often words are used in a document. If the indicator is high, it means that the text is spammed, therefore it is perceived worse by the reader and arouses suspicion among search bots, which can lead to pessimization of the issuance and application of sanctions.
Nausea can be of two types:
- Classic. It is calculated as the square root of the number indicating the frequency of the word in the text. For example, if a word occurs 36 times in the text, its classical nausea is 6.
- Academic. Shows the ratio of the number of repetitions of the most popular word in the document to the number of words in the entire text and is measured as a percentage. You can check nausea on various sites, such as Advego, Turbotext, Be1.
In order for the material to be useful, interesting and accessible to the user and search engines, the following requirements must be observed when writing it:
- Uniqueness. The information must be unique, otherwise the site will lose the trust of visitors and may cause conflict with competitors from whom the information was borrowed.
- Literacy. The text should not contain errors, as this undermines trust and reduces the chances of getting into the top search results.
- Using meta tags. The tags should correctly distribute high-frequency phrases (Title tag, Description meta tag, H1) and mid-frequency phrases (subtitles - H2, H3).
- No reoptimization. You can check the text for nausea using various online services.
- The structure of the key phrase must not violate the rules of the Russian language.
Example: The key phrase "buy a cheap washing machine" should be changed to: "Buy a cheap washing machine".
- Synonyms of keywords should be used in the article to avoid unnecessary repetition and coverage of other related queries.
Types of optimization
There are two ways to optimize text:
- Optimization while writing
- speed of material preparation; when writing, two tasks are solved at once - creation and optimization.
- pre-planned; You can immediately think about where you will need to enter keywords and phrases.
- artificial text; the text does not always come out “alive”, because the specialist tries to use as many keys as possible, even where it is inappropriate;
- heavy load; the load on the specialist increases (performs two types of work at once).
- SEO-optimized text after it's written
- small workload for a specialist (multiple tasks will not be solved simultaneously);
- a well-written article; the copywriter will not be distracted by checking keys and will be able to create well-structured and interesting material.
The disadvantage of this method is the inability to insert all phrases into the text.
How to check if optimization is sufficient?
To check the quality of an article, it is evaluated according to the main parameters (water content, nausea, uniqueness, grammar, accessibility of the material).
The best option is automatic verification using special services that check the text for SEO optimization.
- Text.ru. In addition to checking for anti-plagiarism, there is an indicator of “water” and “spam content”. For clarity, repetitions and stop words are highlighted. Permissible norms are written below.
- ISTIO. Easy to use for SEO professionals. There is a check for relevance and optimization.
- Turgenev. The service was created by Ashmanov and Partners. The main goal is to bypass the “Baden-Baden” filter from Yandex. Considers:
- water content;
- Miratext.ru. Checking semantics, and based on the received data, automatic generation of terms of reference.
The search system works quite simply. Users enter a query, search engines search all sites for matches. As a result, the user gets a list of resources in the output, which mentions the phrases that he entered into the line.
The main difficulties arise with sites, since some phrases in the text will sound unnatural. For example, “buy an inexpensive ticket to turkey moscow”. If this phrase is inserted into the text, then the PS can impose sanctions for spam, and customers will get the impression that a robot is sitting on the site.
It's best to use morphology and passages, and combine them with direct occurrences. In addition, a professional copywriter should not forget about the usefulness of information and not delve only into the use of keywords.
The best indicator of high-quality optimized text is getting top positions in search results and stable traffic to the site.